This is a now page. It loosely summarizes what I’m up to these days. You may follow me in Mastodon for more granular updates.
I’m currently building a toy application for me and my partner to track and annotate our books and reads. Think of a local Goodreads, just for you.
In the spirit of writing local-first software, I’ve chosen to make this a desktop application using Wails and Go. It uses SQLite to store the data, and Solid and Tailwind for the user interface.
This project is also a proving ground to see how fit this stack is for building desktop applications. If it proves successful I may have a go at some other ideas for applications that I’d like to use myself.
See Robin Sloan’s An app can be a home-cooked meal for some inspiration on creating software to serve just you and your loved ones.
I’m composing some music which I hope to release informally throughout the winter. I’ve chosen the following constraints:
- No more than four tracks per song.
- Compose entirely using my Microfreak and Digitakt. Sampling directly from my iPhone to the Digitakt is allowed.
- Some post-processing allowed in Ableton: EQ, saturation, minimal delay and reverb, and compression.
Halfway through the summer I drafted some essays that I want to publish at Metanoia. Summer ended up being as busy as I expected and publishing these fell sideways. I’m looking to publish one or two essays, as well as making Metanoia more of book blog.
The following albums are currently in circulation:
- A Host for All Kinds of Life by Green-House
- Untrue by Burial
- Music Has The Right To Children by Boards of Canada
- GREEN by Hiroshi Yoshimura
Currently reading El Proceso by Franz Kafka.